Texas Style BBQ Beef Brisket
Who doesn’t love some traditional Texas Style BBQ Beef Brisket! This recipe creates a tender, flavorful dinner that everyone will love and stores well too!
- 1 boneless beef brisket, flat cut (about 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- ¾ cup cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 tbsp tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef brisket. Place brisket, fat side up, in stockpot.
- Combine barbecue sauce and wine in small bowl. Pour around brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Trim fat from brisket. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.